How to update Android Wear Google Play Services
If you have an outdated version of your android wear device. You could try to update your watch software by navigating through the menu:
- System Updates
If that does not work please take a look At this FAQ on how to check your Android Play Services version. If the Play Services version is below 8.xx then you’ve a really outdated version of Play Services which are used to let the phone and the watch communicate with each other. Not updating Play Services might cause several problems to our and many other apps.
NOTE: The following steps might cause some temporary problems to wear apps. Do it at your own risk.
To update your Android Wear Play Services version there is no good tutorial but you can try the following steps.
- Check if Android Wear app is up-to-date. If not go to step 2
- Factory Reset your Watch: “Settings” -> “Reset device“
- On your Phone: “Settings” -> “Apps” -> “Google Play Services“
- Click on
- Clear Cache
- Manage Space
- Manage wearable storage -> clear now
- Under total data used by Google Play Services .. Clear all data
- Reboot the phone
- Pair the phone with the watch again
- Allow up to one hour to let the watch update and check the version again